What we do
We are saving lives of famine/hunger affected internal displaced persons (IDPs) and improving socio-economic welfare of the vulnerable poorest people at the grassroots communities in South Sudan through the following major Project core themes.
Food Security and Livelihoods
- Distribution of emergency relief assistance (food and non-food items) to save lives of the vulnerable communities from ongoing famine and hunger
- Promotion of sustainable livelihoods through distribution of agricultural seeds and tools.
- Economic empowerment of women and youths through microfinance and vocational training.
Peace building, Conflict resolution and promotion of human rights
- We work to train communities in conflict mediation and dialogue, through providing peace building training to youths and facilitating communal peace dialogue.
- We use media such as community radio talk shows to promote a culture of peace and reconciliation, reaching thousands of people at a time.
- We also facilitate ‘Sports for Peace’ activities in order to engage youths in peace building.
- Child Protection
- Prevention and response to Gender Based Violence
Shelter and non-food items
- Construction of low cost houses for the vulnerable widows/orphans and single mothers.
- Distribution of shelter materials to vulnerable conflict affected communities, including provision of plastic sheets, tarpaulin and blankets.
Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH)
- We aim to provide basic sanitation, hygiene promotion and access to clean drinking water to vulnerable communities
Education in emergencies
- Provision of schooling materials
- Design and implementation of accelerated learning programmes for youths.
- Vocational training